Myrrh

Myrrh
Shop for your oils

Saturday, January 21, 2012

When Sickness Strikes- That sounds Awful!

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
1 Corinthians 10:12-14

I was reminded of this scripture repeatedly the last week. For some reason, I guess because I work with herbs, I think I can reach this state of permanent immunity to illness. Every year, or each time I get sick, I make this silent vow to try harder, eat better, exercise more, sleep more, pray more, learn more herbs- whatever, so that I can never get sick again.

Every time I fail. I wind up coming down with something. Now it isn't every time something goes around. However, there will inevitably be some bug that my system isn't immune to, and I go through the inevitable frailty of the human flesh.

In a state of pain, discomfort, or distress... the mind is exceedingly tempted to complain and doubt the promises of God. But I had to remind myself that God does not allow us to be tempted more than we are able to bear. Sometimes it seems that he brings us to the very brink of what we can bear- then over the horizon is hope and relief.

Thank you Father for your son. He is faithful. I know you are working in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

School of Natural Healing

School of Natural Healing
Become an Herbalist!